Fire Ant Control in Orlando
Keep family, animals, and business customers in Orlando safe from aggressive and destructive red imported fire ants with effective and affordable treatments from Fire Ant Control, LLC.
Red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) are the worst of all fire ant species because they reproduce very quickly, are more aggressive than other species, and have an extremely painful venomous sting that can cause serious medical problems. Fire Ant Control can help exterminate them.
Dealing with fire ants on your own can be dangerous because they are capable of inflicting multiple venomous stings on people, pets and livestock as they defend their colonies. Their stings are painful and, much like bee stings, can be serious or even lethal.
As the ” Theme Park Capital of the World,” Orlando is a premier tourist destination and one of Florida’s major population centers. The numerous golf courses, athletic fields, playgrounds, and other parks and recreational facilities are magnets for dangerous fire ant infestations. Why risk serious threats to personal and public safety or potential liability?
At Fire Ant Control, LLC, we guarantee our treatment will rid your residential, agricultural or commercial property in Orlando, Orange County, or elsewhere in Florida and the Southeastern U.S., of 85% to 95% of its fire ants, or we’ll refund your payment. Within weeks, your property will be nearly free of fire ants!
Fire Ant Facts
- A typical red imported fire ant colony consists of a queen and worker ants. Workers build the nests (mounds), take care of the queen and her eggs, scavenge for food, and defend the colony. Thousands of fire ants live in just one fire ant colony.
- Red imported fire ants build nests outdoors in mounds of soil and live beneath them in an elaborate network of underground tunnels. Oval-shaped mounds average 10” tall, are about as wide as a dinner plate, and have no visible openings.
- Mounds are typically found in lawns and open fields, under piles of rocks, bricks or logs, in electrical equipment, and in or near building foundations. It is possible for fire ants to enter buildings through holes or cracks in walls and foundations.
- Areas with single queen colonies may have 40 to 150 mounds and about 7 million red fire ants per acre. If infested with multiple queen colonies, there may be 200 or more mounds and up to 40 million red fire ants per acre.
- A mature queen is capable of laying 1,500 eggs per day. Worker ants are sterile and unable to reproduce.
- Red imported fire ants are known to attack people, plants and animals, and can cause extensive damage to gardens and crops, cement slabs, air-conditioning equipment, and electrical wires.
- When their mounds are disturbed, hundreds of worker ants will swarm out of the ground and aggressively sting the intruder.
Fire Ant Treatment in Orlando
Fire Ant Control’s proven fire ant treatment focuses on sterilizing the queen. Our granular bait is ingested by the workers and carried down into the colony, causing the fire ants to die naturally. Extermination is not instantaneous but, once the queen has been sterilized, the entire colony will disappear, and no new ants will be born.
Our bait is regulated and approved for use on public and private lands. Our service is fully licensed and insured, and guaranteed for four months. Because fire ants fly, they will eventually come back. For this reason, we recommend having your property treated three times a year for the best results.
Fire Ant Control specializes in getting rid of fire ants in Orlando. From small residential lots to properties with thousands of acres, our 100% guaranteed service is the most effective and affordable solution. Call us today at (239) 312-8200 for a free estimate!