Fire Ant Control & Treatment in Azalea Park, FL
The red imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta) is the worst of all fire ant species. When you are looking for the best treatment strategy in Azalea Park, FL, look no further than Fire Ant Control, LLC.
Fire Ant Control, LLC is the best fire ant killer around. Headquartered in Bokeelia, Florida, we (and our sister companies) serve the entire imported fire ant quarantine area of the southeastern U.S. We are specialists in the field, recognized for our quality service.
A Proven Fire Ant Solution
Outside of calling licensed pest management professionals like Fire Ant Control, there is no “best way” to kill destructive fire ants. The key to controlling them is to identify them quickly and take action to minimize the damage they cause.
It is possible to treat fire ant mounds with liquid insecticide products as well as chemical dusts and granules. These synthetic chemicals can be poured into or spread around the mounds and may be successful at killing some of the ants. However, this temporary method will not eliminate the colony, and the chemicals can be toxic to people, pets and livestock.
Fire Ant Control’s proven fire ant treatment focuses on sterilizing the queen. The potent granular bait is ingested by the worker ants and carried down into the colony. Once the queen has been sterilized, the entire colony will disappear within weeks, and no new ants will be born.
Fire ants fly, however, and will eventually come back, so we recommend having your property treated three times a year to prevent further colonization.
How Much Do You Know About Fire Ants?
- Though they are not native to the North American continent, red imported fire ants have made a home throughout the southeastern U.S. Their territory covers a large portion of the country, as far west as California, as far east as Florida, and as far north as Oklahoma and Virginia.
- The reason fire ants are called “fire” ants is that they both appear red and can sting a target to elicit a fire-like sensation. This double-entendre is surely earned.
- Fire ants can be identified by their flat oval mounds on the surface of the soil, but their colonies can extend up to 25 feet away from those mounds underground.
- One queen in an average colony can reign over 500,000 worker ants.
- Fire ant colonies are matriarchal. The queen leads the colony and has one job: to reproduce more fire ants. She is an exceptional reproductive machine, capable of laying up to 1,500 eggs per day.
- Fire ants eat a wide variety of things, from plants to animals.
- When a colony is disturbed, hundreds of worker ants swarm the object that disturbs the mound and mount an attack. They are known to attack and sting humans as a group.
- Fire ants can also cause extensive damage to gardens and crops, cement slabs, air-conditioning equipment, and electrical wires.
Get in touch with Fire Ant Control, LLC to learn more about fire ant treatment in Azalea Park, FL and our effective, affordable solution for controlling fire ants on your property. Give us a call at (239) 312-8200 for a free estimate on our fully licensed and insured services.