Fire Ant Control & Treatment in Lakeport, FL
If you are in Lakeport, FL and you have a problem with fire ants, then we at Fire Ant Control, LLC can help. What you need is quick treatment and effective control, and that’s what we offer. Don’t sleep on this problem. It will only get worse.
How Much Do You Know About Fire Ants?
- Although they are not native to North America, the red imported fire ant has now become a nuisance throughout the southern United States, ranging from Florida to California and as far north as Oklahoma and Virginia.
- Fire ants are so named because they have a reddish appearance and a very painful sting that burns like fire.
- Fire ants build their nests outdoors in the ground. The oval-shaped mounds of soil they create have no visible openings. They live beneath the mounds in an elaborate network of underground tunnels that can extend up to 25 feet away.
- The typical colony of fire ants consists of one queen and 100,000 to 500,000 worker ants. Workers build the nests (mounds), take care of the queen and her eggs, scavenge for food, and defend the colony from predators.
- The fire ant queen is the leader of the colony. Her sole purpose is to be an egg-laying machine – laying up to 1,500 eggs per day for two to seven years – to populate the colony. Once she establishes her colony, she never leaves it again.
- Fire ants are omnivores, which means they eat food of both plant and animal origin. Their typical menu includes insects, earthworms, ticks, spiders, honeydew and other sweets, oils, oily seeds, meats, small birds, small mammals, amphibians and reptiles.
- Red imported fire ants are known to attack people, plants and animals. When their mounds are disturbed, hundreds of worker ants will swarm out of the ground and aggressively sting the intruder.
- Fire ants can also cause extensive damage to gardens and crops, cement slabs, air-conditioning equipment, and electrical wires.
Get Rid of Your Fire Ants
Properties infested with single-queen colonies typically have 40 to 150 mounds and about 7 million red fire ants per acre. Properties with multiple-queen colonies may have 200 or more mounds and up to 40 million red fire ants per acre!
Without a reliable fire ant killer, you are at risk of attack. When gardening, pruning or mowing in your yard, you may accidentally disturb a mound and be aggressively swarmed and stung by fire ants.
The terrible pain from the bite will subside, but some people are allergic to the venom, and others may go into anaphylactic shock, a condition that requires urgent medical attention to prevent a deadly outcome.
Careful application of our potent, food-like granular bait kills the ant colonies from the inside out. Extermination is not instantaneous but, once the worker ants have eaten the bait and carried it down into the colony, sterilizing the queen, the entire colony will disappear, and no new ants will be born. Within weeks, your property will be 85-95% free of fire ants.
If you want to keep fire ants from damaging your property in Lakeport, FL, give Fire Ant Control, LLC, a call today at (239) 312-8200 to schedule a free consultation and get started with your first treatment. We can control the problem!