Fire Ant Control & Treatment in Zolfo Springs, FL
Fire Ant Control, LLC, provides the most effective and affordable fire ant treatment to residents and businesses in Zolfo Springs, Hardee County, throughout South Florida, and anywhere else our services are needed.
Fire Ant Control, LLC is the best fire ant killer around. Our services are fully licensed and insured and guaranteed to help protect your property for six months at a time or your money back.
About Red Imported Fire Ants
Red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) are the worst of all fire ant species because they reproduce quickly, do extensive damage, and are more aggressive than other species.
Fire ant nests (mounds) are found throughout Florida around stumps and trees, in rotting logs and under sidewalks, but many fire ants prefer open areas, such as lawns, golf courses, parks, playgrounds, athletic fields, meadows, pastures, and cultivated fields.
Here are several interesting facts about these detested troublemakers:
- Fire ants are industrious architects. They build nests outdoors in mounds of soil and live beneath them in elaborate networks of underground colonies.
- The oval-shaped mounds average 10” tall, are about as wide as a dinner plate, have no visible openings, and may extend up to 25 feet away from the mound.
- Established colonies of fire ants that have multiple queens may have up to 40 million ants.
- Despite originating in South America, fire ants are known for their ability to survive extreme conditions and can live in cold temperatures as low as (16°F).
- Even floods won’t drown or deter them. They latch onto each other to form a raft with the queen in the middle and float until they come across dry land where they can re-establish a colony.
- Though fire ants primarily feed on seeds and young plants, they also feed on small animals and birds.
- Fire ants are most often found outdoors, but can gain access to buildings through HVAC systems and AC units.
- The painful, venomous sting of fire ants can injure both humans and animals. Much like a bee sting, it can be serious, even lethal.
The Fire Ant Control Solution
To eliminate a fire ant colony, the queen must be killed, and all queens must be killed in multi-queen colonies. If all queens are not killed, the colony will move on to establish itself in a nearby area.
Fire Ant Control’s proven fire ant treatment focuses on sterilizing the queen. Our potent, food-like granular bait kills the ant colonies from the inside out. With two treatments a year, your property can be 95% free of fire ants.
The bait we use contains an insect growth regulator (to sterilize the queen) and is approved for use around humans, animals, on pastures, hay fields, farmland, and on public and private lands.
Because fire ants fly away from the colony to mate, they will eventually come back. Therefore, we recommend treating your property twice a year to prevent further fire ant colonization.
Give Fire Ant Control a call at (239) 312-8200 for a free estimate and to learn more about our method of fire ant treatment on your residential, commercial or agricultural property in Zolfo Springs, FL. We are fully licensed and insured and are so confident that our treatment works, we guarantee your satisfaction!