How to Get Rid of Fire Ants in Your Yard
Suffering from red imported fire ants in your yard? Let Fire Ant Control, LLC tell you how to get rid of them. We provide the most effective and affordable fire ant solution for homeowners and businesses throughout South Florida.
If you’ve seen only a few fire ants or mounds, you may think you have them under control. Think again! South Florida is particularly prone to year-round fire ant infestations.
If your property has been infested with single-queen colonies, there are probably 40 to 150 mounds and about 7 million red fire ants per acre. If you have multiple-queen colonies, there may be 200 or more mounds and up to 40 million red fire ants per acre!
Without a reliable fire ant killer, you are at risk of being attacked. When gardening, pruning or mowing in your yard, you may accidentally disturb a mound and be aggressively swarmed and stung by fire ants.
The terrible pain from the bite will subside, but some people are allergic to the venom, and others may go into anaphylactic shock, a condition that requires urgent medical attention to prevent a deadly outcome.
Our Proven Treatment
Fire Ant Control, LLC is the best fire ant killer around!
We guarantee that our fully licensed and insured service will rid 85-95% of the fire ants from your residential, commercial or agricultural property for four months at a time, or your money back.
The bait we use contains an insect growth regulator that sterilizes the queen and is approved for use around people, pets, livestock, and on pastures, hay fields and farmland.
Worker ants eat the bait and carry it down into the colony, causing the fire ants to die naturally. Extermination is not immediate but, once the queen has been sterilized, the entire colony will disappear, and no new ants will be born.
On private property, there is no re-entry interval, which means that you, your family, your pets and other animals can walk anywhere on the property immediately after a treatment has been applied.
What to Do If You Get Stung
- Move away from the fire ant mound as quickly as possible.
- Remove the ants from your body. If you think they may have gotten into your clothes, take off your clothes.
- If you start to experience breathing difficulties, swelling of your throat or tongue, nausea or vomiting, or tightness in your chest, seek immediate medical care at an emergency room or hospital.
- Elevate the affected area to avoid swelling. Wash with soapy water and remove dirt to prevent infection. Alleviate itching by applying a cool compress or hydrocortisone cream, or take an antihistamine.
- If a blister forms, and it probably will, do not pop it. This can cause the bite to become infected. If this occurs, seek medical attention right away. You may need antibiotics.
- Fire ant bites can take time to heal. If your symptoms don’t subside within about 24 hours, you could be allergic and should see a doctor.
To get rid of fire ants in your yard, contact Fire Ant Control at (239) 312-8200 and find out how to get started with your first treatment. We have the very best solution to your fire ant problem!