Immokalee Fire Ant Treatment
Looking for an Immokalee Fire Ant Treatment service provider?
Fire Ant Control is based in Pine Island, but we service residential, commercial, and agricultural properties in Immokalee and the surrounding communities on a weekly basis.
We are fully licensed and insured, and we guarantee results!
That’s how confident we are that you will be pleased with our courteous and effective service.
The red imported fire ant (RIFA) is the most aggressive and in Florida, with painful, fiery stings. They are harmful to crops, people, and animals. They can destroy equipment and wiring. They are hard to kill, and extremely resilient.
Without a natural predator, they will continue to grow their colonies and make life difficult for you and your family.
How do we treat for these insects?
First we’ll tell you what not to do, and why. Fire ant treatment is something that many have attempted themselves, and usually, it simply does not work.
It might seem like a good idea to try a do-it-yourself (DIY) methods, but home remedies, poisons, and home-improvement store varieties of “bait” may exacerbate the issue, or cause more problems than you started with!
Let’s look at some common at-home remedies that are false:
- One of the most commonly suggested home remedies is to use instant grits. This method comes from the idea that grits will be ingested, the ants will then imbibe water, and the expansion of the grits will kill the ants. unfortunately, this has been scientifically proven false. This will not work!
- Other completely ineffective home remedies include baking soda, vinegar, club soda, molasses, plaster of Paris, and aspartame.
- Pouring boiling hot water on the mound, is only mildly effective, yet won’t stop them from attacking the water-wielder, relocating, or repopulating the colony. In the process, any plants or vegetation in the surrounding area will die from the extreme water temperature. Even small mounds require at least 3 gallons of water; well established mounds even more since it is impossible to tell the depth of the mound, where the queen stays safely hidden.
- Soapy water is also mildly effective. Like the boiling water method, most of the risks are the same. You’re more likely to get stung using this method! The boiling and soapy water methods may kill ants on the surface, but usually that’s the extent of the treatment. Soap is even more harmful to plants, beneficial insects, and creatures than boiling water.
What about other, less EPA-friendly methods?
- Gasoline, diesel oil, chlorine bleach, ammonia, drain cleaners, and acids are dangerous, harmful, and not recommended. They are unsafe for pets, children, and livestock, and runoff from these methods can contaminate water!It is also illegal to use these substances to control pests.
Our tried and true method:
Our bait is top quality and will work for you with no gimmicks, no unnecessary toxins, and no harmful side-effects for your pets or family. Best of all, it will get rid of your fire ant infestation!
We use a granular bait that works by sterilizing the queen(s). After the queen is sterilized, the existing colony dies out, and we will so our best to ensure that no new ones take her place! Instead of monthly treatments or toxins that will kill your grass and your wallet, we only treat and bill three times a year.
After our first treatment, you will be guaranteed to see results for 4 months! Regular semi-annual treatments prevent those beastly fire ants from re-infesting your property.
Ready to get rid of your Fire Ants?
Call us today at (239) 312-8200!