If you are fighting with red imported fire ants in St. Cloud, FL, take advantage of treatment from Fire Ant Control, LLC, to help protect your residential, agricultural, or commercial property from damage and destruction.
Fire Ant Control, LLC provides the most effective and affordable fire ant solution for homeowners and businesses throughout Florida, the Southeast U.S., and wherever our services are needed. We are specialists in controlling red fire ants on any size or type of land.
Red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) are the worst fire ant species because they reproduce quickly, do extensive damage, and are more aggressive than other species.
Fire ants live in large underground nests that appear from the surface as mounds. These are found throughout Florida near trees and stumps, rotting logs, under sidewalks, and in open, moist areas such as lawns, golf courses, meadows, and other areas.
Here are some interesting facts about these terrible troublemakers:
- Fire ants are talented architects. They build nests outdoors in the soil and live beneath them in elaborate networks of underground colonies.
- The mounds are oval-shaped, average 10” tall, are about as wide as a dinner plate, have no visible openings, and often stretch up to 25 feet away from the mound.
- Fire ant colonies that have multiple queens may have up to 40 million ants.
- Even though fire ants hail from South America, they are incredibly cold-resilient and can survive in cold climates rather well. They can live in temperatures as low as 16 degrees F.
- Not even floods can drown or deter them. Fire ants latch onto each other to form a raft with the queen in the middle and float until they find dry land to re-establish a colony.
- Though fire ants primarily feed on seeds and young plants, they also eat small animals and birds.
- Fire ants are most often found outdoors but can enter buildings through HVAC systems and AC units.
- The painful, venomous sting of fire ants can injure both humans and animals. Much like a bee sting, it can be severe, even lethal.
Control Fire Ants in Parks & Recreation Areas
Fire ants can be particularly dangerous in parks where they can cause significant pain to children and adults when they bite or sting. Whether you are a private landowner or a municipal organization, Fire Ant Control, LLC, can help you take control of the problem in your park or recreational area.
Control Fire Ants on Golf Courses
Fire ants love golf courses and can cause harm to golfers. They can swarm out of their mounds and sting in seconds. They can also wreak havoc with lights, irrigation equipment, and transformer boxes. Fire Ant Control offers the most effective, long-lasting treatment to kill fire ants on your golf course.
Control Fire Ants on Residential Property
When gardening or pruning, sweeping or mowing outdoors, fire ants can attack. Your yard should be an enjoyable place free of fire ant infestations. You should never need to worry that your children, grandchildren, or pets will become their victims. Take advantage of our reliable residential fire ant killer.
Give Fire Ant Control a call at (239) 312-8200 for a free estimate and to schedule your first treatment in St. Cloud, FL. We guarantee we have the best solution to your fire ant problem!