Nurseries Fire Ant Control
The USDA requires all nursery stock to have an “ant stamp” when agricultural material is traveling out of state. Nurseries in many industries must document and prove they’ve treated for Fire Ants.
Luckily, nurseries and nursery owners love our Fire Ant service!
Fire Ants are harmful to nursery plants.
- Fire Ants can cause girdling and kill plants and trees…
- Fire Ants tunnel into the base of young plant stalks and into potato tubers…
- Fire Ants collect plant seeds and scatter them around their mounds, which affects plant distribution and abundance…
Fire Ant Control provides a proven service that works for properties ranging from a single acre to thousands of acres. We provide exact application rates with a minimum of interference to your daily operation.
Controlling Fire Ant populations is essential to the health of seeds and seedlings.
Fire Ants eat almost anything, including citrus fruit, young saplings and seedlings, the germinating seeds of plants, wildflowers and grasses, developing okra, earthworms, and more!
- Fire Ants compete with and kill native beneficial ants and other organisms.
- They reduce native ant populations by as much as 90%!
- They eating seeds, and attack bees and interfere with pollination…
- They damage machinery, irrigation and transformer boxes…
- Fire Ants sting nursery and field workers, and can injure or even kill farm animals!
Settling into a treatment routine twice a year will help your nursery to thrive and keep your workers happy.
Call 239-312-8200 today for a free estimate.